Enterprise risk management is not new. But organizations truly using it to guide strategy is.
Uusimmassa Risk Management Magazinessä kerrotaan mm. miten neljä organisaatiota on mukauttanut kokonaisvaltaisen riskienhallinnan strategiseen päätöksentekoon.
Kannatta tutustua artikkeleihin RM Magazinessa: ERM in Practice.
Eräässä artikkelissa todettua:
By not exploring strategic goals, a company jeopardizes the utility of its entire ERM program. In his work at DePaul University’s Strategic Risk Management Lab, Dr. Mark Frigo identified five reasons why ERM programs fail:
- Risk management is not connected or integrated with strategy and strategy execution.
- Risk assessments are focused on the “wrong” risks (i.e., not focused on strategic risks).
- Risk management is not executed as a continual, repeatable process.
- Risk management “silos” create barriers.
- Risk management is not viewed as valuable and is under-resourced and under-networked.